On your first visit to the clinic the physiotherapist will thoroughly assess and physically examine you. This in conjunction with careful history taking will allow the physiotherapist to make a clinical diagnosis of your injury or complaint. Please note that you may be required to undress in order to be examined, therefore you may want to bring shorts/vest top with you to change into.
Once the diagnosis has been made a treatment plan will be determined and discussed with you.
This plan typically includes:
- Joint mobilisation
- Soft tissue manipulation/massage
- Exercises to correct muscle imbalance and poor core stability
- Electrotherapy (ultrasound, interferential)
- Advice with pain management
- Self help techniques
- Home exercise programs to ensure the problem remains a distant memory
- Pilates programme for core strenthening
Initial consultations will be up to 60 minutes dependent upon the nature of the problem. Subsequent visits, should they be required, will typically be up to 30 minutes.