WHAT IS REFLEXOLOGY?
Reflexology (also known as Zone Therapy) is a complementary therapy using massage techniques to stimulate the body’s natural healing process, promote relaxation and improve overall wellbeing.
It’s a natural therapy based upon the principle that the hands and feet contain a number of reflex points (or zones) that are linked to other parts of the body. Gentle pressure is applied to these points, in order to target specific areas of the body requiring treatment. The majority of people find reflexology a deeply relaxing experience, feeling less tense, stressed and a sense of improved wellbeing following treatments.
Please note that our Reflexologist Therapist only offers Reflexology on areas of the feet.
BENEFITS FOR REFLEXOLOGY?
As Reflexology is a deeply relaxing massage treatment, it’s particularly useful in promoting relaxation, releasing tension, improving sleep and reducing stress and anxiety.
It’s suitable for children and adults alike, and can be a helpful treatment for:
- Back pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Headaches, reducing and preventing both tension headaches and migraines
- Arthritis, relieving pain of both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Menopausal symptoms and period pain
- Improving circulation problems
- Relieving pain associated with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson's
- Reducing some of the side effects of common cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy